When it comes to newborns, there is no shortcuts, just a lot of caffeine and a lack of sleep. The Newborn life is ‘Survival Mood’. Sorry, to be a little discouraging but it is walking around all hours of the night, consistent breastfeeding, cracking nipples, no showers, countless diaper changing and lot’s and lot’s of Caffeine! Yasss, Boo The New Born Parenting Struggle is Real!
Take-Care of Yourself
Now, Of Course, there are always tips and suggestions to read up on about Newborn Parenting. As a New born Parent myself, I’m always looking for parenting tips and suggesting from research studies and finding. I enjoy reading articles from Professional Momms and Power Momms with experience and sharing their live stories of triumph. Parenting.com is a great resource for busy parents, modern families with fresh ideas!!
” Parents is also known for its child safety tips, providing information about which cars, car accessories, and pets are most child-friendly. “
Toys that your Newborn will find fascinating
Your Newborn’s first skill to learn is the art of self-soothing. This means that your child learns, with your help, how to soothe them self down and calmly fall to sleep. There are going to be times in your newborn’s life where any kind of soothing attempt just isn’t going to work. It’s at these stressful times that you’re going to have to relay on every parent’s secret weapon: Distraction.
” So here are a few toys I can suggest that helped me and my little one. “
Fisher-Price Deluxe Kick & Play Piano Gym
Giraffe Baby Crib Toy
Baby HandBell Toys
Bright Star Tummy Time Playmate
KELE Activity Fabric Soft Baby Cloth Book Crinkle Squeak Sound Sensory Interactive Educational Toys for Infants Toddlers Kids
New Born Baby Essentials
I can’t believe my daughter Ariel’s is already 4 months old! How times flies by in a blink of an eye!!! I finally feel like I’m getting the hang of things with two little ones on my hands. Although someday’s it’s a bit of a struggle.
This list of Newborn Essentials has helped me tremendously with my baby girl. Lucky Babies don’t need much and I wanted to share what items are a “must have” for me and my baby Ariel.
- ANMEATE Video Baby Monitor with Digital Camera – Digital baby monitors have to be hands down one of the greatest inventions when it comes to baby items. It gives you peace of mind being able to see your baby when you are in a different room. This monitor also shows you the temperature of the room, plays music, and has a two-way speaker so you can talk to your child. You can also add up to 3 additional cameras. Which is perfect if you have more than one child.
- Fisher-Price My Little Snugapuppy Cradle ‘n Swing – This swing is a lifesaver, I honestly don’t know how I could get anything done during the day without it. Both of my girls loved it and slept in it during the day. Which allows me to get things done around the house. It has two different reclining positions, 6 swing speeds, and 16 different songs and sounds to help soothe your baby. Honestly, this is my all time favorite baby product.
- Johnson’s Natural Head-To-Toe Baby Wash For Newborn Skin -Hypoallergenic and free of dyes this soap is perfect for baby’s gentle skin. Additionally, I love how this soap comes with a pump, which frees up your hands while washing your little one.
- Graco Pack N Play Playard Bassinet – Both of my kids slept this pack and play in our bedroom before we moved them into their nursery. It’s easy to set up and take down making it perfect for traveling. The bassinet is also removable. Allowing it to be used as both a bassinet and a playpen.
- Carter’s Baby 8-Piece Towel and Washcloth Set – This cute bath time set comes with two hooded towels, one nonhooded towel, and 5 wash cloths. Not only are the towels super cute and soft but the hood on the towels helps keep your baby warm and cozy while you dry them off.
- Graco Snugride Click Connect 35 LX, Studio – There are a lot of options out there when it comes to car seats. I prefer using an infant car seat as opposed to a convertible car seat because an infant car seat is portable. The Graco Snugride is lightweight and easy to carry. Which makes it convenient when using the car seat and a baby carrier.
- Fisher-Price Infant-To-Toddler Rocker – I’ve tried a few different bounce seats this is my favorite for a few different reasons. The biggest being that it keeps my daughter slightly elevated which helps reduce spit up from reflux. But unlike other bouncers, it’s not overly elevated. Which means I don’t have to worry about his chin falling to his chest. This rocker also comes with a kickstand which allows your baby to recline during naps. It’s also easily portable so you can easily move it around the house and is perfect for traveling.
- Aveeno Baby Calming Comfort Moisturizing Lotion, Lavender & Vanilla – Made with oatmeal and other natural products this lotion calms and moisturized delicate skin. It’s also hypoallergic and free of parabens and phthalates so it won’t irritate your baby’s skin. The lavender and vanilla scent smells great and isn’t overpowering, perfect for right before bedtime.
- Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker – This is an absolute must have for formula feeding. It takes all the guess work out of preparing bottles and is a lifesaver during those late night feedings. Just select the amount of formula you want and hit start and you have a perfect bottle every time. It might seem like a frivolous product, but trust me it’s not.
- Sonilove Baby Car Mirror – This mirror fits on the headrest and allows you to see your baby while they’re rear facing in their car seat. Easy to install, adjustable, and works in most vehicles.
- Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather – This baby bath is great because doesn’t take up a lot of space, folds up for easy storage and is perfect for traveling.
- Safety 1st Hospital’s Choice Fold Up Nail Clippers – Keep your little one from scratching up their face with these nail clippers, perfectly designed to trim tiny fingernails.
- Carter’s Baby Cotton Swaddle Blankets – These are my absolute favorite swaddle blankets. They are made of a stretchy cotton material and I am always able to get a tight swaddle. I’ve tried a few different brands and different materials, these blankets are by far the best for swaddling.
- Gerber Birdseye Flatfold Cloth Diapers – These cloth diapers are actually the perfect burp cloths. They are inexpensive, super absorbent, and large enough to cover your shoulder and chest area. I suggest three packages of these bad boys. I keep some in almost every room of the house. You never know when baby spit up is going to happen!
- Pampers Swaddlers Diapers – Both of my girls pee ALOT, these are the only brand of diapers that I found that hasn’t leaked. They also have a blue stripe on the front of the diaper that turns blue when your baby pees. Taking the guess work out of trying to determine if they need a diaper change. I recently started using Amazon subscription for a monthly delivery. This saves me 15% on each box as a result of three or more items being subscribed too (Diapers, Wipes, Formula, etc).
- CoolBell Baby Diaper Backpack With Insulated Pockets – With my first son I used a traditional diaper bag and I hated it. Unless I had it slung across the stroller it was really inconvenient and uncomfortable. This backpack is much more functional, has a lot more storage space, and is more easily organized. One of the best parts is that diaper wipes are accessible through a flap on the side of the bag. Which means no more digging through your bag for wipes.
So Momm, What are some of your newborn Survival ‘Must Have’ items that you’d want to share??? We’d love to hear from you!! Please Share in the Comments below.