Hilton CleanStay Brings New Standard of Cleanliness Worldwide in Time for Summer Travel (Photo: Business Wire)
Hilton and RB have expanded this partnership to support the global portfolio of hotels and the trusted RB family of products will be used in multiple markets around the world.
“For more than a century, our top priority has been the safety and security of our guests and Team Members. As the hospitality industry evolves to address travelers’ changing expectations – especially in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic – Hilton CleanStay is the latest evolution of our commitment to providing the peace of mind and confidence our guests need to travel freely, while protecting our Team Members,” said Chris Nassetta, President and CEO of Hilton.
“Though our hospitality may look different in the short term, around the world we are eager to welcome our guests once more and create the unforgettable experiences they have come to expect from Hilton.”
Hilton guests can expect to begin seeing changes in some hotels around the world starting next week, with Hilton CleanStay implemented across Hilton’s 18 brands by mid-July.
Hilton CleanStay from Check-in to Check-out
- Online: Even before they travel, guests will find a new landing page at Hilton.com/cleanstay which will detail what they can expect during their stay. In addition, property websites will be updated to indicate that the new cleaning protocols and procedures have been implemented.
- The Lobby: Guests who desire a contactless arrival experience can check-in, choose their room, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check-out using their mobile devices through the free Hilton Honors mobile app. This option is available at more than 4,700 participating Hilton properties worldwide for guests who book direct via the Honors app or at Hilton.com. For guests who prefer a traditional check-in, physical distancing measures will be in place directing guests on how to move through the in-person check-in and check-out process in a safe way.
- The Guest Room: The first point of contact with the guest room will be with the Hilton CleanStay room seal, placed on the door upon being thoroughly cleaned. The room will have extra disinfection of the most frequently touched guests room areas – light switches, door handles, TV remotes, thermostats and more. It will be de-cluttered, with items like pens and paper removed. Disinfecting wipes will be provided in every room for guest use.
- Housekeeping Service: Guest rooms will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between guests. Housekeeping service during a guest stay will be based upon guest preference, recognizing that some guests may not want staff entering their room. Additional amenities such as linens and toiletries will be available upon request, delivered in protective packaging and placed at the guest room door.
- The Public Spaces: There will be increased frequency of cleaning public areas. For instance, fitness centers may be closed for cleaning multiple times daily. Equipment will be properly adjusted and placed to enable physical distancing, and the number of guests in the center may be limited. Pool and pool areas will be cleaned frequently throughout the day, and physical distancing measures will be in place. Stations with hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be available throughout the property at primary entrances and in key high traffic areas.
- Food and Beverage: In hotel restaurants, tables and chairs will be spaced to ensure proper physical distancing. Biodegradable, disposable dishes/utensils will be available upon request. During breakfast, restaurants will offer a range of options including grab & go, pre-plated covered items, à la carte and assisted service. When ordering room service where it is provided, guests will experience contactless delivery, with orders and single-use serviceware placed outside their guestroom door.
- Meetings & Events: The upcoming Hilton EventReady with CleanStay program will set a new standard for meetings and events at Hilton. This program will deliver cleanliness, flexibility, safe and socially responsible solutions, along with creative food and beverage, the latest technology and sustainable practices. With a dedicated focus on health and wellness, the event experience from planning to execution is backed by Hilton’s world-class hospitality with responsive service from dedicated Team Members.
Since the initial announcement of the partnership, RB has worked with Hilton to deploy plans for global execution of Hilton CleanStay. In the United States and Canada, Hilton CleanStay will be implemented using Lysol products and the program will be referred to as Hilton CleanStay with Lysol protection. While Lysol and Dettol will be the most prominently used products in countries where Hilton has properties, other RB brands will also be used, including Sagrotan in Germany and Napisan in Italy.
The scientific expertise of RB is second-to-none and the use of its products assures consumers around the world of a safer stay. According to recent findings of a study published by the American Journal of Infection Control, the active ingredients in Dettol and Lysol are effective in breaking the chain of infection of COVID-19.
“Protecting people from illness is core to RB and our global germ prevention portfolio,” said Rahul Kadyan, EVP, North America, Hygiene/Home, RB. “Our brands are built on trust, scientific efficacy and our desire to educate consumers around the world to help break the chain of infection. This is an ideal partnership for RB to help drive the highest standards in hygiene and give consumers confidence to enjoy the Hilton experience.”
Throughout the development of Hilton CleanStay, Mayo Clinic has offered their medical expertise to advise Hilton on training methods, cleaning protocols and quality assurance. Additionally, Mayo Clinic has advised on new technologies and methods from the healthcare industry that can benefit the cleanliness and disinfection programs at Hilton hotels.
Comments are closed.