What assistance is provided?
The Program can assist with all payments associated with a rental unit.
Assistance with rental payments, past due, and/or future payments.
Assistance with utility payments, past due and/or current payment. Electricity, gas, water and sewage, fuel oil, utilities that are paid by the landlord will be treated as rent.
STEPS TO FOLLOW
1- Gather all required DOCUMENTS TO APPLY. Be Prepared to use your phone, take pictures of your documents and send them as an attachment via email.
2–FOR ALL APPLICANTS
- Tribal Enrollment Card
- Proof of Membership of an Indian Tribe
- Income verification for everyone 18 or older ( Annual or Monthly ) TIP: If you were affected by Covid 19 and was laid off use that years income taxes (2021), the income will reflect you’ve been affected financially.
- Release of Information Form. (This form will be sent to you once your application has been submitted and received)
3– MUST SUBMIT ALL DOCUMENTS
- Documents of all household members
- Letter or Email from employer showing layoff, furlough hours, or decrease in hours
- Show any type of LOST INCOME FROM THESE PAST 2 years
- Show financial hardship. ( I wrote a statement. Just a letter stating how COVID affected our family )
- COPY OF LEASE AGREEMENT
- ALL PASS DUE ULITILY BILLS (This program will help pay for utilities and more. So, send your all past due notices if any.)
- Show any risk of unstable living conditions.
4-SUBMIT APPLICATION WITH PHOTO ATTACHMENTS
For faster processing we ask that all documents be submitted in PDF format. Once you are ready you may submit your application including all supporting documents to ERAP@hooghan.org
Please include your name and Navajo Rent Help in the subject line.
EXAMPLE – Navajo Rent Help – [your name]
Please fax to (928) 871-2628 “Attention: “Navajo Rent Help”
You can mail to Navajo Rent Help c/o Navajo Housing Authority, P.O. Box 4980, Window Rock, Arizona, 86515.
You may drop off your application at the Navajo Housing Authority Central Office located on 1 Morgan Boulevard in Window Rock, Arizona. You may also drop off your application at any of our 15 Housing Management Office Locations and they will forward to the main office. Please make sure to place documents in a sealed envelope.
Please allow 4-5 weeks to process your application.
1 Morgan Blvd,
Window Rock, Arizona 86515